Aug 4, 2010

Bedtime story.

Love.

It all boils down to love doesn't it. Last night, I had to read my baby brother to sleep. There wasn't much of an option for me to choose what story to read him. So, one story I could think of from the top of my head was a story you might be familiar with. Even if you haven't heard of this story, you might feel like you have.

It was a story of creation.How everything was made. The heaven, the earth, the light, the darkness, the animals, and man - You and I.

I remember reading a book- one part of it wrote a description which is a big part of the story I am about to tell you. And so, in effort of wanting to take me baby brother into the story, which I wasn't supposed to because its bedtime story, I retold the story of creation in a child-like way. And then I understood it myself.

Imagine this.


It was a bright day, the sun was shinning bright, the trees were standing tall, the grass were lavishly green, but there is something odd with the picture. The animals were all gathered in a commotion. They gathered in a circle, focusing on whats encircled in. In the middle, there was a man who sat on his stool. He was a potter, and with tired hands, he worked on the clay. Perfecting it. The lions curiosity asked the deer, "what do you think He is making this time?", the hippo turned to the giraffe and asked if it could understand what was being made. The giraffe."I think its a- wait, I think-oh-huh" They couldn't make of it.

But all creation stood in awe- the potter's soft breath fell gently upon the clay and went into it. The clay reflected the potter- His own breath, His own image.

His own.

The potter then stood, looking at His own creation, He smiled and said "It is good."

There you go, that is how you and I, we were made. Detailed. Perfect. because you are the only one, His only one.

I took the liberty to ask my baby brother why he think God created us.

So we could worship Him, he said.

If he wanted a worshiper, He had His angels. But he made you instead. Because,

he wants to fellowship with man - You
he wants to have a relationship with man - You
he want to love man - You

See, I told you it all comes down to love.

Love, because He is love.

Have a blessed day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment